$400 instant rebate towards the replacement of a pre-1992 non-EPA certified wood stove/insert with a new EPA certified heating appliance. This rebate maybe combined with other rebates offered to Carson City and Douglas County residents located within TRPA.
This rebate is available to Nevada residents of the Lake Tahoe Basin as identified by the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA). http://www.trpa.org/regional-plan/plan-area-statements/
Residence within the Lake Tahoe Basin with one of the following zip code may qualify for the $400 Instant Rebate when they change out their old, pre-1992 non-EPA certified wood stove for a new EPA certified heating appliance (wood, pellet or gas stove).
89451 – Incline Village – Crystal Bay, Washoe County
89413 – Carson City County
89448 – Zephyr Cove, Douglas County
89449 – Kingsbury, Douglas County
Please feel free to contact Chris Lynch of the Business Environmental Program with any questions or concerns; (775) 834-3687, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax (775) 834-3689.
How the TRPA Wood Stove Change-Out Rebate program works:
- Homeowner researches the program and believes they have an old stove they would like to replace.
- Homeowner goes to a Participating Stove Dealer and fills out or brings in a completed application.
- Homeowner completes the application and provides it to the dealer. Click to download and print the application.
- Stove dealer applies for instant rebate. Dealer informs homeowner of approval and schedules a home visit.
- Stove dealer confirms old stove, estimates installation costs, takes photo of old stove, and schedules change-out date.
- During the change-out the dealer or licensed contractor removes old stove, installs new stove, and shows you the features of the new stove and starts the first fire.
- Dealer or licensed contractor recycles old stove and completes the paperwork.
- Dealer remains available for stove cleaning, maintenance, and questions.
- Homeowner begins the first of many warm winters with their new EPA certified stove!
- Only available to residents of within the Lake Tahoe Basin areas (see list of zip codes above) and have existing wood burning stoves.
- Only available for existing wood stove which are installed, functioning and non-EPA compliant, pre-1992 model (phase I and older). Participating retailers will assist in determining if your old stove qualifies.
- Residents must surrender their old wood burning stove to the stove installer, who will then properly dispose of it at a program approved recycling facility.
- Rebate program only offered through participating area dealers (see list below).
- New stoves must be installed by a licensed contractor and must be done in accordance with any applicable city or county ordinances; building permits are required (see links below)
List of Participating Dealers
- Lake Tahoe Specialty Stove and Fireplace, Inc., 8731 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA. 96143; (530) 546-3456
- Incline Wood Stove Distributors 881 Tahoe Blvd., Incline Village, NV 89451; (775) 831-2327
- AJs Stoves 1267A, HWY 395 North, Gardnerville, NV 89410; (775) 783-9986
- Sierra Hearth & Home, 2350 S. Carson St. #1 Carson City NV 89701 (775) 882-1522
- Morin Chimney Sweep 4780 Warren Way, Reno, NV 89509; (775) 825-4389
- Ben Franklin Fireplace 790 Louise Street, Reno, Nevada 89502; (775) 236-7347
- Dan the Stove Man, 601 Pyramid Hwy, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 972-7596
- Reno Heating & Air, 5 Cal Lane, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 356-6868
- Fireplace Distributors, 8521 White Fir St., Ste. C-6, Reno, NV 89523; (775) 747-1346
- Reno Patio & Fireplace 910 Glendale Ave, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 348-9600
Information on Building Permits
- Link to Carson City County Building Permit Application
- Carson City Building Division Plan Submittal Information and Forms
- Link to Douglas County Building Permit Application
- Douglas County has agreed to reduce the price of the building permit by 50%. Contact Ms. Lani Collins on (775) 782-6224 for details.
- Douglas County Building Division Information and Forms
- Link to Washoe County Building Permit Application for residential remodel
- Washoe County Building Division Plan Submittal Information and Forms
- Information about installing Wood, Pellet, and Gas Stoves in Washoe County
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) permitting process for homeowners
Learn more about Wood Stoves within the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency boundary: http://www.trpa.org/permitting/homeowner-info/wood-stoves/
Homeowner information regarding wood stoves is available HERE.