Earn financial incentives when you switch to cleaner, more efficient wood burning stoves.
The Nevada Division of Environmental Protection has created a new program to help Carson City and Douglas County homeowners to move on to cleaner heat.
Learn more about the program requirements
- Only available to residents of Carson City and Douglas County that have existing wood burning stoves
- Existing wood stove must be an installed and functioning, non-EPA compliant, pre-1992 model (phase I and older) Participating retailers will assist in determining if your old stove qualifies.
- Fireplaces do not qualify.
- Residents must surrender their old wood burning stove to the stove installer, who will then properly dispose of it at a program approved recycling facility.
- Rebate program only offered through participating area dealers (see list below).
- New stoves must be installed by a certified professional and must be done in accordance with any applicable city or county ordinances; building permits are required (see links below)
- Rebate Amounts:
- $600 for a new wood burning stove
- $800 for a new pellet stove
- $1000 for a new natural gas stove
- Additional dealer rebates may be available.
- Please feel free to contact Chris Lynch of the Business Environmental Program with any questions or concerns; (775) 834-3687, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax (775) 834-3689.
How the Carson City and Douglas County Wood Stove Change-Out program works:
- Homeowner researches the program and believes they have an old stove they would like to replace.
- Homeowner goes to a Participating Stove Dealer and fills out or brings in a completed application.
- Link to Homeowner Application: Click to download and print the application
- Homeowner agrees to replace old stove with new EPA wood, pellet or gas stove.
- Stove dealer applies for instant rebate. Dealer informs homeowner of approval and schedules a home visit.
- Stove dealer confirms old stove, estimates installation costs, takes photo of old stove, and schedules change-out date.
- During the change-out the dealer or licensed contractor removes old stove, installs new stove, and shows you the features of the new stove and starts the first fire.
- Dealer or licensed contractor recycles old stove, completes paperwork.
- Homeowner receives a satisfaction survey in the mail from NDEP regarding the change-out program.
- Dealer remains available for stove cleaning, maintenance, and questions.
- Homeowner begins the first of many warm winters with their new EPA certified stove!
- View the list of EPA Certified Wood and Pellet Stoves HERE
Information on Building Permits
List of Participating Dealers
- AJs Stoves 1267A, HWY 395 North, Gardnerville, NV 89410; (775) 783-9986
- Lake Tahoe Specialty Stove and Fireplace,Inc., 8731 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, Ca 96143, office:530-546-3456
- Sierra Hearth & Home, 2350 S. Carson St. #1 Carson City NV 89701 (775) 882-1522
- Dan the Stove Man, 601 Pyramid Hwy, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 972-7596
- Fireplace Distributors, 8521 White Fir St., Ste. C-6, Reno, NV 89523; (775) 747-1346
- Reno Patio & Fireplace 910 Glendale Ave, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 348-9600
- Reno Heating & Air 5 Cal Lane, Suite A, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 356-6868