October 1, 2018: Program Closed
Funds have been exhausted. Please check again next winter!
Earn financial incentives when you switch to cleaner, more efficient wood burning stoves.
The Nevada Division of Environmental Protection has created a new program to help Carson City and Douglas County homeowners to move on to cleaner heat.
Learn more about the program requirements
- Only available to residents of Carson City and Douglas County that have existing wood burning stoves
- Existing wood stove must be an installed and functioning, non-EPA compliant, pre-1992 model (phase I and older) Participating retailers will assist in determining if your old stove qualifies.
- Fireplaces do not qualify.
- Residents must surrender their old wood burning stove to the stove installer, who will then properly dispose of it at a program approved recycling facility.
- Rebate program only offered through participating area dealers (see list below).
- New stoves must be installed by a certified professional and must be done in accordance with any applicable city or county ordinances; building permits are required (see links below)
- Rebate Amounts:
- $600 for a new wood burning, pellet, or natural gas stove
$800 for a new pellet stove (funds exhausted)
$1000 for a new natural gas stove (funds exhausted)
- Additional dealer rebates may be available.
- Please feel free to contact Chris Lynch of the Business Environmental Program with any questions or concerns; (775) 834-3687, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax (775) 834-3689.
How the Carson City and Douglas County Wood Stove Change-Out program works:
- Homeowner researches the program and believes they have an old stove they would like to replace.
- Homeowner goes to a Participating Stove Dealer and fills out or brings in a completed application.
- Link to Homeowner Application: Click to download and print the application
- Homeowner agrees to replace old stove with new EPA wood, pellet or gas stove.
- Stove dealer applies for instant rebate. Dealer informs homeowner of approval and schedules a home visit.
- Stove dealer confirms old stove, estimates installation costs, takes photo of old stove, and schedules change-out date.
- During the change-out the dealer or licensed contractor removes old stove, installs new stove, and shows you the features of the new stove and starts the first fire.
- Dealer or licensed contractor recycles old stove, completes paperwork.
- Homeowner receives a satisfaction survey in the mail from NDEP regarding the change-out program.
- Dealer remains available for stove cleaning, maintenance, and questions.
- Homeowner begins the first of many warm winters with their new EPA certified stove!
- View the list of EPA Certified Wood and Pellet Stoves HERE
Information on Building Permits
List of Participating Dealers
- AJs Stoves 1267A, HWY 395 North, Gardnerville, NV 89410; (775) 783-9986
- Lake Tahoe Specialty Stove and Fireplace,Inc., 8731 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, Ca 96143, office:530-546-3456
- Sierra Hearth & Home, 2350 S. Carson St. #1 Carson City NV 89701 (775) 882-1522
- Dan the Stove Man, 601 Pyramid Hwy, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 972-7596
- Fireplace Distributors, 8521 White Fir St., Ste. C-6, Reno, NV 89523; (775) 747-1346
- Reno Patio & Fireplace 910 Glendale Ave, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 348-9600
- Reno Heating & Air 5 Cal Lane, Suite A, Sparks, NV 89431; (775) 356-6868